Broken Arm
On Friday September 29nd, I was not at school because I was home with a sick Alayna. I went over to the school to pick up Kaytlin when the bell rang. As she was approaching me she was walking a little bit different and holding her arm closely to her body. I asked her about it and she said she hurt it on the playground at lunch recess. Into the doctor we went... x-rays were taken. We get the results that it is broken and schedule a day to get a cast put on. I was sick to my stomach that she went several more hours at school with a broken arm. She wore a splint until the following Tuesday when she had a cast put on.
Day of Casting
PINK!
She told us she wasn't going to let anyone sign it. About two weeks having it on, she came home from school with signatures from her friends. Family then had to get their turn.
Just shy of her month checkup we were out of town and her cast fell off. She said it felt weird and weak. The doctor office ended up calling us while we were on vacation trying to reschedule her follow up. I told them we needed to because her cast fell off. We got home from vacation and take her in for a checkup. Another x-ray!
Not healed so another cast. PURPLE!
She is still sporting her purple cast. We have another follow up in just over a week.
Crossing our fingers and praying it is healed!
November 29th the cast came off! She was so happy!








No comments:
Post a Comment