Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Catch Up (Part 2)
This past weekend was our Annual Kite Festival. While Josh went to Twin Falls I took the kids to see all the kites. They got to make and fly their own as well! Brayden enjoyed it and was able to hold onto his kite fairly well while the wind was blowing like crazy but I had to chase Kaytlin's kite across the field several times because she wouldn't hold onto it for long! I think the kites intrigued her more than anything!



The weekend of April 10-11th we went to Utah for the blessing of my new nephew Mason. He was born in February to my brother Anthony and his wife Mandy!While we were down in Utah we visited Hogle Zoo! My brother Carl and his fiancee Ashley also went down with us if you start to wonder why Carl is in several pictures!
We could have gotten away with leaving Carl with the Apes because of how perfectly he fit in... he made some pretty good facial features to go along with it! I don't think Ashley would have liked it much if we left him though!


Inside the zoo there are a few attractions such as a Merry go Round and a train that the kids enjoyed.






The best part of the zoo for me was seeing the baby Elephant! I didn't get a very good shot besides this picture with their back sides but you get the drift!
We started our garden... INSIDE! I allowed the kids to help a little!

From left to right we planted Watermelon, Lettuce, Pumpkin, Tomato, and Cucumber! I am excited to see how much they have grown in only a few weeks. The pumpkin plants are so big I might have to plant them in a bigger container! I can't wait until we can go outside and get the garden spot ready for transplanting at the end of May!

The best news of all not mentioned above...

Carl and Ashley got engaged!

They will be getting married August 14th! I am so excited and happy to welcome her into our family! Be sure to check back for pictures later on!

No comments:

Post a Comment