Ohio Trip
I got word that my Grandma Siferd passed away. She had been hospitalized with Covid and couldn't breathe. I had no plans to attend but through generous donations we were all able to attend. Our flights were booked Sunday night. I had to get up at 2:00 A.M. on Tuesday morning to drive to the Layton, Utah area. Once in Layton, the Guffey family gave me a ride to the airport. My flight was scheduled for takeoff at 8:00 am. I had to go through security twice before making it to my gate to wait for my flight.
I had a layover in Chicago, Illinois.
If you look close at this picture you can see the Chicago White Sox stadium.
We were all able to land within an hour of each other in Detroit, Michigan. We loaded all our bags and got on the road to Ohio to make it in time for Grandma's visitation that night.
We stayed up late talking and reminiscing. Wednesday everyone got up and went to visit Grandma Kay at her care facility and Grandpa Neil at his facility. We were able to visit outside their windows over the phone. We also made a brief visit with Sister Arnold.
We then stopped to pick up balloons for the kids and grandkids to write on and let go after her service. We then headed over to the funeral home for her visitation and funeral.
After the service we were able to go to Grandma Siferd's house and pick out a keepsake. We also stopped and visited Grandpa Siferd.
We got back to the house and had some of the cousins come out to roast marshmellows over the campfire. While we were all standing in the cold my family back in Idaho was visiting Lava Hot Springs.

My Grandma was a clown and loved to entertain kids and adults alike.
I love that we will always have our memories of her.

Grandma Siferd will be greatly missed but never forgotten!































No comments:
Post a Comment