Tuesday, November 11, 2014

As a kid I remember lots of fun things we did as a family but my most favorite memory with my Grandpa Neil was going rollerskating each week with him. 
 In high school he gave me my own pair of skates. 
These skates have a lot of miles on them. The last many years (approx. 15) they have been stored in a box in my basement just waiting for more miles.
In September we went to the rollerskating rink with the kids. I got these roller skates back out of the box and smiled thinking about the memories. Lets just say rollerskating is just like riding a bike. The kids were unsure for a bit but then they took right off.








This will not be a one time thing. I love skating. Feeling the air as you round each corner knowing you are balanced on four little wheels. It is exhilarating and fun! I will be getting lots more miles on these skates before/if I pass them down. The kids will know the art of rollerskating and maybe one day they will be able to have the fond memories with us like I have with my grandpa.

No comments:

Post a Comment