Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Weekend
 
On Friday we got the car packed up and ready to go. When Josh got home from work we all got in the car to figure out we had a dead battery. Yup! I couldn't believe it! Josh jumped us with his truck and we were off! We got to camp and got set up!


Saturday morning we got in the car to go for a drive and had a dead battery again! We all unloaded and our neighbors at camp came over with homemade donuts they wanted us to try! We asked them if they would be kind enough to come give us a jump. We drove back to Idaho Falls to get it tested and got a new battery for the car!
When we got back up to camp we spent the afternoon at the pools! We started out at the summer pool and slides but the water was freezing. The kids said they were done and then we decided to fill them in that there were some hot pools next door.
We left for about an hour to cook dinner! Tin Foil Dinners over the fire! YUM!
After dinner we went back to the pools! We ran into a few people from our ward! We invited the bishop and his family to our campsite for s'mores!
The kids played lots with our neighbors. They had a girl named Emma about Kaytlin's age and a boy named D. J. a little younger than Brayden.

On Sunday we spent the day as a family at our campsite. We took a drive and got out in nature!



 Our view from camp!
We had campfires that Josh was more than willing to build.

 The kids played horse with sticks that we found on a short hike.

 
In all our camping adventures my thoughts were on my sister Sarah who went to be with our Heavenly Father many years ago. Memorial Day is about celebrating the life of those who have passed who have left a mark on our lives. I have some wonderful memories of Sarah. She was and still is a powerful influence in my life. I know that if I live my life right I can return to live with my Heavenly Father with my eternal family some day! I look forward to the day I can hold her and tell her how much she has meant to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment